If you have any special needs please let our staff know so that we can help and ensure you get the same support in the future.
The Medical Centre has been specially designed to make it easier for disabled patients to visit. There are no steps at the entrance of the building giving patients easy access. Due to fire regulations, we do have heavy fire doors, however if you have trouble opening these please ask one of our Patient Navigators for assistance as they are always happy to help.
There are several dedicated disabled car parking spaces available immediately outside the front entrance of the Medical Centre.
We have a wheelchair for patient’s use, at their own risk, should you require one whilst visiting our premises.
Should need to visit the physiotherapy suite on the upper floor there is a life available for patient use.
We have two disabled toilets one on each floor.
Disabled Parking – Blue Badge Scheme
The Blue Badge scheme is for people with severe mobility problems. It allows Blue Badge holders to park close to where they need to go. For more information and application form visit Milton Keynes Council Website or call: 01908 253449.
We have a loop induction system at the reception desk to assist the hearing impaired. For more information on the loop hearing system visit Hearing Link website.
For more information and support for deaf people see these websites:
- Sensory advice resource centre (SARC) MK: provides assessments, re-accommodation, equipment, advice, information, referrals to social care, training to live independent lives. Call 01908 401 135 or email: email@example.com or visit them at 275 Upper Fourth Street, Witam Court, cntral Milton Keynes, MK9 1EH.
- Young Deaf in Milton Keynes (YDMK) group
- Milton Keynes Deaf Community Drop in Cafe
- British Deaf Association
- British Sign Language Healthy Mind
- Sports for Deaf People in Buckinghamshire
- Action Hearing Loss
- Royal Association for Deaf People
- National Deaf Children’s Society
- Deaf Group UK
- Deaf Support Group Bedford
If you or family members are blind or partially sighted we can give you a CD or large print of our practice leaflet upon request. Please ask one of our Patient Navigators and allow 72 hours.
For more advice and support for blind people please see the following websites:
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RIND)
- Action for Blind People
- Blind in Business
- British Blind Sport
- Bucks Association for the Blind
Guide dogs are welcome at the surgery but we ask that you be aware of other patients and staff who may have an allergy or fear of dogs.
Other Disability Websites
- BID Services
- Disability Go
- Disabled People, your Rights, Benefits, Carers and the Equality Act
- Disability Rights UK
- Living with a Disability NHS Choices
- Disability Action
- Business Disability Forum
- MK Inclusive Tennis – Give disability tennis a try there are sessions for wheelchair users, Blind, Deaf, Autistic and those with learning disabilities.