Self Referrals

Here are a few things that you and your family can do to improve your health:

Chronic pain – drop in clinic

If you are currently under the pain clinic and your chronic pain gets worse you can attend their drop in pain clinic. It is run by a specialist nurse in the hospital Treatment Centre from 2-4pm on the first Friday of every month. It is advised that you call the pain department first on 01908 826805.

Adult Social Care Self-referral (ASCAT)

If you or an elderly family member feels that you need some extra help and support at home, visit the Milton Keynes Council Adult Social Care Hub. You will be able to fill in an online referral form.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

If you are worried that your child may be having mental health problems (as listed below), you can contact the CAMHS directly between 9am-5pm ,by calling 01908 254 375 or 254 357. Download the CAMHS Leaflet for more information.

  • Behavioural problems (including toileting problems, sleeping problems)
  • Self-harm
  • Depression and anxiety
  • Tic disorder
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
  • Eating disorders
  • Family relationships problems
  • Post -traumatic stress
  • Psychosis and obsessions
  • Bereavement

Child Dental Service

Bring your child to the free child dental drop in clinic. Please see this leaflet.

Statutory Sick Pay: Employee’s Statement of Sickness

If you are off work due to illness for less than 5 working days you can self-certify yourself off work using this form. You do not need a Doctors certificate for the first week of illness.

MacMillian Cancer Support Services

For more information on the different MacMillian cancer support services see this leaflet.


If your child is overweight you can directly refer him/her to the free weight loss exercise package (Motiv8) by filling out this form.


If you have any of the following conditions below you can directly refer yourself for foot care using this form.

  • Diabetes
  • Neuropath
  • Severe circulatory problems
  • Immunosuppression
  • Rheumatoid arthritis
  • Respiratory disease
  • Stroke
  • Heart condition
  • Osteoporosis
  • Arthritis
  • Learning difficulty
  • Blind

Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) Service

If you think you or a family member may have a speech or language problem you can contact the SALT team directly using this form.

Unwanted Pregnancy

If you have an unwanted pregnancy you can contact these services directly:

Urine Incontinence Service

If you are suffering from urine incontinence, you can refer yourself directly to the incontinence services in Milton Keynes. See this leaflet for more information.

Psychological Therapies

If you have an emotional problem (stress, anxiety, depression) and would like to directly talk to a professional in psychological therapies including counselling you can contact these services directly: