If you haven’t used contraception or your usual method of contraception has failed, please urgently contact:
- The surgery on 01908 375 341 and let one of our Patient Navigators know that you need Emergency Contraception and they will put your request through as an emergency.
- Your local Pharmacist. See a list of participating pharmacist.
- Brook Contraception Clinic – call the Brook nurses Maggie 07864946573 or Ella 07912732005.
- A Sexual Health Clinic – call 0300 303 8273.
- Some young people’s clinic – call 0800 567123.
The sooner you use emergency contraception after having unprotected sex, the more effective it is.
If you’re sick (vomit) within three hours of taking Levonelle or ellaOne, contact a health professional as detailed above. You may need to take another pill.
There are two types of emergency contraception.
- The Emergency Contraceptive Pill (morning after pill) – there are two types, Levonelle or ellaOne
- the Intrauterine Device (IUD or coil)
For more information on Emergency contraception visit NHS Choices.