Parkside Medical Centre offers our NHS patients minor operations (minor surgery) in the comfort and convenience of your local Surgery setting, if you and your doctor agree that this would be beneficial for you. We are able to offer:
- Suture removal
- Steroid injections (shoulder, knee, wrist, trigger finger, DeQuervains, tendonitis, epicondylitis, plantar fasciitis)
- Wedge incision for ingrowing toe nails
- Drainage of abscesses and dressing
- Symptomatic sebaceous cyst with low priority approval
- Symptomatic skin tags with low priority approval
- Symptomatic seborrhoic warts with low priority approval
We use sterile single-use instruments and follow aseptic techniques to ensure the lowest possible risk of infection.
Before you consider minor surgery you must consider the risk of having minor surgery including:
- Failure of procedure – the procedure may not work to resolve your problem
- Recurrence of problem – Your problem may recur in the future
There will be other risk depending on the exact procedure that you are undertaking and your doctor will discuss this with you in more detail.